21 April 2015
AMC's Digitisation Project - facts and figures
Funded through a grant from the Federal Government Department of Education and Training, the AMC's 2013-2015 digitisation project set a goal of completing the digitisation of a major part of the AMC's library collection of scores and audio, as well as the AMC's publications and photo archive.
The project target was to add 13,000 new digital objects to the AMC's existing digital collection. During the course of the project (in 2013-2015), 12,508 scores and sets of performance parts were scanned and digitised. Also included in the collection were 1,084 digital audio files, 508 digital images and photographs, as well as 6 archive publications.
A large part of the digitised scores are already available for users through the AMC's website, for instance over 9,000 scores are already available as digital library loans, and over 7,000 audio samples are available for listening and over 7,700 sheet music samples for perusal. More archival publications, photographs, music scores, and audio files will become available online as digitised materials are checked for compliance with our file specifications.
Digitisation Project: Facts and figures
Project target: 13,000 digital objects.
• 12,508 scores, and sets of performance parts scanned/digitised
(including 5,425 DSPMs*)
• 1,084 audio files digitised
• 508 images and photographs digitised
• 6 other publications digitised
* Digital Score Production Masters, conforming to PDF/a Version 1(b) standards.
AMC Online (20 April 2015)
• 9,262 scores available for digital library loan
• 7,086 audio samples available for listening
• 7,742 sheet music samples available for perusal
• 12,932 music scores available for sale.
• 3,527 recordings available for sale, as CD, or as MP3 download
• 16,155 products available for sale in total
© Australian Music Centre (2015) — Permission must be obtained from the AMC if you wish to reproduce this article either online or in print.
Add your thoughts to other users' discussion of this article.
You must login to post a comment.
I am excited for you getting all that scanning done - ahh, brings back memories!!
Love your work! Congratulations!!