30 March 2015
ISCM World Music Days 2016 in South Korea - call for works
The call for works is now open for the 2016 ISCM World Music Days in Tongyeong, South Korea, from 29 March to 3 April, 2016. As the Australian section of the ISCM, the Australian Music Centre is looking for scores, projects or installations to include in their official submission. The AMC will convene a panel who will select six works for consideration by the ISCM festival jury. At least one work from every official submission will be performed.
Submissions to the Australian section should be sent to the AMC by 5pm on 31 July 2015 by email. For work categories, please see the ISCM World Music Days 2016 website. For a list of required attachments, see below.
A dropbox link is preferred for large attachments and must be supplied if the combined size of files exceeds 9MB. Digital files can also be sent by mail on a CD or DVD to: Australian Music Centre, ISCM World Music Days submissions, PO Box N690, Grosvenor Place, NSW 1220. All materials should be clearly marked with the composer's name and reach the AMC by 31 July.
Submissions to the AMC should include:
1) Pdf score, or audio/video documentation (for compositions/projects without a written score)
2) Audio or video recording of the work where possible
3) Short biography of the composer in English (max. 150 words)
4) Program note of the submitted work in English (max. 150 words)
5) Technical rider with the specifications of all equipment necessary to perform the work
6) Proof of nationality of the composer (passport scan)
7) Current photograph of the composer
8) Website of the composer or the publisher if there is one.
Individual artists whose work does not get selected by the section may also submit directly to ISCM. Deadline for individual submissions is 31 August 2015 (postmark), and a payment of €50 is required - information about the application process for individual submissions and the payment procedure is available on the website.
© Australian Music Centre (2015) — Permission must be obtained from the AMC if you wish to reproduce this article either online or in print.
Be the first to share add your thoughts and opinions in response to this article.
You must login to post a comment.