Acoustic Life of Sheds
- Date: Saturday, 28 March 2015 to Sunday, 29 March 2015
- Venue: Wynyard (TAS) — Wynyard, TAS
- Series: This event is part of the Ten Days - Tasmanian International Arts Festival series
21-22 March and 28-29 March
The nature of rural life has seen dramatic change with small farms under pressure from shifting markets and expanding agribusiness. People relocate, knowledge is dispersed, customs change, and ritual is lost, yet sheds remain; an integral piece of the rural landscape.
Farms are dotted with handmade buildings – some tin, some slab built in timber. Big hART, Australia’s leading arts and social change company, brings together farming families and composers, musicians, sound designers and visual artists to explore the stories of these resilient spaces and respond to their shifting existence.
Take a journey through Tasmania’s North West Coast and experience the world premiere of works from award-winning composers presented in the locations that inspired them, celebrating the endurance of these working buildings and the landscapes to which they belong.
Embark on a 5-shed touring experience over 32kms starting in Wynyard at 10am or 11.30am;
Pick and choose your own experience by arriving at your chosen shed/s for any of the allotted performance times. For full details, see the website.
Further information for this event is available online at the event's website or by phone on (03) 6210 5700
- Performance/sound art by Madeleine Flynn
- Performance/sound art by Tim Humphrey
- Performance/sound art by Lucky Oceans
- Performance/sound art by Nick Haywood
- Performance/sound art by Genevieve Lacey
- Performance/sound art by Phil Slater
- Performance/sound art by Jim Atkins
- Performance/sound art by Marshall McGuire
- Performance/sound art by John Rodgers
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login