BIFEM: How Forests Think
- Date: Saturday, 3 September 2016, 8pm
- Venue: The Capital, Bendigo — 50 View St, Bendigo, VIC
- Series: This event is part of the Bendigo International Festival of Exploratory Music 2016 series
- Tickets: General: $22 [Fri or Sun pass: $60 | Sat pass: $120 | Festival gold pass: $240] — Tickets can be purchased online
THE WRECK OF FORMER BOUNDARIES (2015-16) WP
HOW FORESTS THINK (2015-16) WP
ELISION’s second 2016 BIFEM appearance sees the world premieres of major works from two composers with deep association to this ensemble. Liza Lim’s and Aaron Cassidy’s new works for ELISION showcase the impeccable skill and interplay of this ensemble, as well as the keen aesthetic collaboration that composers and musicians develop over time.
This concert introduces BIFEM audiences to the Australian début appearances of Sheng virtuoso Wu Wei, in Lim’s How Forests Think, and Trumpeter Peter Evans, in Cassidy’s The Wreck of Former Boundaries.
Featured non-Australian music: Aaron Cassidy
Featured Australian Works
|How Forests think : for sheng and ensemble (2016) by Liza Lim — World premiere|
— performed by Elision Ensemble
- Performer Elision Ensemble
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login