Clocked Out : After the Kingfisher's Wing
- Date: Wednesday, 6 October 2010, 6.30pm
- Venue: Ian Hanger Recital Hall — Queensland Conservatorium Griffith University, 16 Russell St, South Brisbane, QLD
- Series: This event is part of the New Music Network 2010 series
- Tickets: $15 full, $10 concession and under 30 — Tickets can be purchased online or by phone on (07) 3735 6241
After the kingfisher’s wing
Has answered light to light, and is silent, the light is still
At the still point of the turning world.
– T.S. Eliot (from ‘Burnt Norton’)
The mystical imagery of T.S. Eliot’s Four Quartets is the inspiration for composer Erik Griswold’s major new work. After the kingfisher’s wing, a labyrinth of intricate textures, mind bending polyrhythms, still points interrupted by sudden bursts of energy.
Further information for this event is available online at the event's website
Featured Australian Works
|After the Kingfisher's Wing by Eric Griswold — World premiere|
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login