Flinders Quartet: Inspired England
- Date: Monday, 6 April 2009, 7:00pm
- Venue: Verbrugghen Hall — Sydney Conservatorium of Music, Cnr Macquarie St and Bridge St, Sydney, NSW
- Series: This event is part of the Flinders Quartet '09 series
- Tickets: $40/$30/$20 (student rush)
In this powerful program, Flinders once again plays with one of its best musical friends, Caroline Almonte. Considered part of the Flinders family, Caroline is the perfect partner for Elgar’s evocative piano quintet. Britten’s and Vine’s third string quartets mark very different points in the composers’ lives. While Britten wrote this work at the end of his life, reflecting on humanity and life’s purpose, Vine wrote his third string quartet filled with optimism and positive anticipation of life’s promises.
Featured non-Australian music: Britten, Elgar.
Further information for this event is available online at the event's website
Featured Australian Works
||String quartet No. 3 : string quartet (1994) by Carl Vine|
— performed by Flinders Quartet
- Performer Flinders Quartet
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login