Amongst their many achievements, Ten part has won three Mo Awards, toured with great success in America (Chicago Festival and John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Washington DC), China, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand, India and Indonesia. They have debuted Miroslav Bukovsky’s work based on the Kenneth Slessor poem Five Bells (at the Opera House Studio and The Wangaratta Festival of Jazz) and recorded four CDs: Ten Part Invention (ABC), Tall Stories (Rufus Records), Unidentified Spaces (Rufus) and Live At Wangaratta (ABC).
And while their music brims with joyous creativity and their recordings are very special, nothing compares to seeing them live, especially in the intimate setting of the Sound Lounge. Don’t miss this first performance with SIMA in 2009, before the band head off interstate for performances at Valley Jazz Festival and other events.
John Pochee (drums) Sandy Evans (tenor/soprano saxophone) Andrew Robson (alto saxophone) Paul McNamara (piano) Steve Elphick (bass) Miroslav Bukovsky (trumpet) Bob Bertles (alto/baritone saxophone, clarinet) Warwick Alder (trumpet) James Greening (trombone) Ken James (tenor, soprano saxophone).
- Jazz/improvisation by Sandy Evans
- Jazz/improvisation by John Pochée
- Jazz/improvisation by Andrew Robson
- Jazz/improvisation by Paul McNamara
- Jazz/improvisation by Steve Elphick
- Jazz/improvisation by Miroslav Bukovsky
- Jazz/improvisation by Bob Bertles
- Jazz/improvisation by Warwick Alder
- Jazz/improvisation by James Greening
- Jazz/improvisation by Ken James
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login