Steve Hunter's Nine Lives 50th Birthday
Renowned bassist and composer Steve Hunter’s 50th birthday is on June 25th and he’s celebrating it with his exceptional nine-piece band at the Sound Lounge on the same night.
A virtuoso bassist Steve Hunter is renowned for his work as a bandleader, composer and sideman and has performed widely here and abroad. In 1999, he decided to form a larger group after playing in Bobby Previte’s Bitches Brew Project. Nine Lives evolved from a pool of about 20 players, determined by the quality and interplay of the assembled musicians. SIMA assisted Steve in getting the project off the ground by presenting the groups first gigs and subsequently organising for a live album to be recorded.
Come and experience the further evolution of this band, a decade later, with as always, an exciting Sydney line up of players as they further celebrate the momentous occasion of their bandleader’s 50th birthday. So come down and have a slice of cake with Steve and the guys as they take you on a special musical journey.
Further information for this event is available online at the event's website or by phone on (02) 9036 6292
- Jazz/improvisation by Steve Hunter
- Jazz/improvisation by Phil Slater
- Jazz/improvisation by Matt McMahon
- Jazz/improvisation by Ben Hauptmann
- Jazz/improvisation by Kim Lawson
- Jazz/improvisation by Danny Junor
- Jazz/improvisation by Lucian McGuiness
- Jazz/improvisation by James Hauptmann
- Jazz/improvisation by Fabian Hevia
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login