The Pied Piper
- Date: Thursday, 27 October 2016, 11am and 7:30pm
- Venue: West Gippsland Arts Centre — Cnr Smith and Albert Streets, Warragul, VIC
- Series: This event is part of the The Pied Piper - regional tour series
- Tickets: Full: $27.50 | Concession: $24 | U/18: $18 | Family of Four (Max 2 Adults): $72 — Tickets can be purchased online
The town of Hamelin is plagued by rats. The rodents have been eating cheeses out of vats and making nests in men’s Sunday hats. The desperate Mayor turns to a mysterious fellow in a gypsy coat of red and yellow, who with his magical charm rids the town of vermin. But, when the greedy Mayor refuses to pay, the townspeople are taught a lesson they will never forget.
Based on The Pied Piper of Hamelin and Robert Browning’s classic poem, Victorian Opera’s enchanting new family production with a surprise happy ending is told through song in traditional operatic format written by Artistic Director Richard Mills. Adults and children from the community perform alongside Victorian Opera’s developing artists and a chamber orchestra to bring alive this classic story and make this magical opera their own.
Victorian Opera’s Regional Program is supported by the Helen Macpherson Smith Trust.
Further information for this event is available online at the event's website or by phone on (03) 5624 2456
- Performer Victorian Opera
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login