The Urban Gypsies
- Date: Friday, 15 August 2014, 8:30pm
- Venue: The Sound Lounge — Seymour Theatre Centre, Cnr City Rd and Cleveland St, Chippendale, NSW
- Series: This event is part of the SIMA series
- Tickets: Adults: $20.00 | Children: $10.00 | Concession: $15.00 — Tickets can be purchased online or by phone on (02) 9351 7940
Astonishing versatility and technique, a highly polished shimmering high-class act AUSTRALIAN STAGE Urban Gypsies Quartet are an instrumental Jazz/Latin/contemporary band featuring nylon string guitars, cello and percussion. They represent an exciting direction in Latin / jazz mixed with world music influences, exploring a wide range of styles and genres from breezy Bossa Novas to fiery improvised virtuosity. Each instrumentalist is a master of his medium and the results are imaginative, mesmerising and highly evocative. Urban Gypsies Quartet have been performing for over 15 years at numerous concerts, festivals, clubs and special events. They have supported Buena Vista Social Club, Cassandra Wilson, and many more world famous acts. They have held residencies and concerts in exclusive Sydney venues including The Basement, The Vanguard, Venue 505, Camelot, Cafe Sydney, SIMA, the Ivy, Riverside Theatre and the Establishment. They have released three highly acclaimed Albums to date: Gypsy Fever (2000), Sauvage (2003) and Beautiful Catastrophe (2009). The fourth Album “Samsara” is due for release in early 2014.
- Jazz/improvisation by Urban Gypsies
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login