THNMF: Aeon : Lz Dunn & Collaborators
- Date: Thursday, 26 October 2017 to Sunday, 29 October 2017, 26 – 28 October, 5:30pm | 29 October, 6am & 5:30pm
- Venue: Perry Lakes, Perth (exact location provided upon booking) — Perry Lakes Drive, Floreat, WA
- Series: This event is part of the The 13th Totally Huge New Music Festival series
- Tickets: Preview (26 Oct): $20 | Standard: $32 | PICA Members: $26 | Concession & Groups (6+): $22 — Tickets can be purchased online or by phone on (08) 9228 6300
A SONIC WALK. A QUEER NATURE.
Using computer modelling, scientists have identified three simple rules that enable the synchronised movement of bird flocks: separation, alignment and cohesion.
Informed by flocking studies and queer ecology, Aeon is activated by silence, sound, civic responsibility and personal desire. A playful push through public space and private discomfort, this participatory experiment in group behaviour questions what it means to be natural.
Co-created by a team of multidisciplinary artists, Aeon lands a portable speaker in your palm and invites you to walk between soaring clouds of wings and piles of pigeon poo, towards a paradoxical and uncertain horizon.
“A special moment, something that feels revelatory, expansive and mystic.” – jezrsh.com
Presented with Tura New Music as part of the 13th Totally Huge New Music Festival
Concept & Artistic Lead Lz Dunn
Sound Design Lawrence English
Choreography Shian Law
Dramaturgy Lara Thoms
Production Manager Liz Young
Produced by Performing Lines
- Performance/sound art by Lawrence English
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login