Turntable At Dawn CD launch
- Date: Monday, 5 November 2012, 8pm
- Venue: Conduit Arts Initiative — 83 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, VIC
- Tickets: Adults: $10
Shame File Music presents Clinton Green's (AKA Undecisive God) new limited edition CD 'Turntable At Dawn'. This unedited recording was made in Green's backyard in January 2012. His instrument was an 'acoustic turntable', where objects and percussive instruments are placed on the turntable platter to create chaotic rhythms, in this case attempting to integrate with the ambient sound in the backyard (both natural and industrial). 'Turntable At Dawn' is a limited edition of 30 numbered CDs. Each cover is unique, incorporating pressed flora and herbs from the recording location. The 30 unique copies will be available at the CD launch, and if any are remaining after that, from Shame File Music.
Performing on the night: * Clinton Green (turntables) - Green's work (formerly working under the moniker of Undecisive God) has been a mainstay of Australian experimental music since the 1990s. Focussed for many years upon new approaches to the electric guitar as a sound generation tool, Green’s current interest is in prepared turntables as dynamic generators of random sound and percussive patterns. http://ShameFileMusic.com/ug/
* Ernie Althoff/Clinton Green (gramophone four hands)
* Ernie Althoff - A Melbourne sound artist and pioneering instrument-maker active in the Australian experimental music since the late 1970s. He is unique not only for the original textures and sonic elements he creates, often tempered with wry humour, but also for his practically continuous contribution to and participation in the Melbourne experimental music community for over three decades. http://ShameFileMusic.com/
* We Are Denizens of Pluto (Ashley J Higgs - singerpoet, Richard Stringer - guitar, Nat Grant - laptop) - Described as Dark Ambient Improv or Heavy Poetry Sub Rock, Denizens have no target audience. This is their second gig, the last time was at Kings Gallery in Melbourne, when we were accompanied by a Tai Chi Master.
* Monolith (synth, drum machine, effects) - Primitive and minimalist industrial drone bleakness. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Monolith/169469166474907
Also on the night will be a Shame File Music CD/record sale extravaganza, with all the best of Australian experimental music releases, plus a massive new shipment from US labels including XI, Pogus and Deep Listening. There will be special prices on the night and very limited copies. $10 entry/$15 including a copy of the 'Turntable At Dawn'.
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login