Resources for schools
Engage your students with music of our time and place
Dedicated teacher resource kits
Make teaching Australian music as easy as possible with our teacher resource kits specifically designed for secondary and tertiary education.
Kits include scores, recordings and booklets with activities designed by education specialists.
for classroom content
The Australian Music Centre online catalogue contains information on over 30,000 scores and recordings.
The online catalogue includes:
• Rich biographical information on over 550 composers
• 30 second audio samples for over 5,700 works
• Digital score samples for 4,200 works
• Access to our digital library for members, with nearly 8,000 full scores available for perusal loan
Ask our Librarian
If you have a special request to help you in teaching Australian music, our specialist staff can help you identify resources. Use our Ask our Librarian form to submit your enquiry.
for Australian music
The Australian Music Centre’s online magazine, Resonate, is Australia's only specialist online magazine devoted to Australian composers, sound artists and their art form.
The publication features in-depth articles and discussion, blog articles, news and commentary; interviews with composers, sound artists and performers.
and teaching resources
For private instrument or classroom teachers with students studying the NSW HSC, our dedicated HSC page assists you to easily search our catalogue to find suitable repertoire to meet syllabus requirements. For teachers and students in other states, these lists and other works in our extensive catalogue can enhance your performance repertoire with Australian content.
for school members
Stay connected with Australia's vibrant new music scene by becoming a member of the Australian Music Centre:
• Borrow scores, CDs and books from the AMC collection, including nearly 8,000 scores available for online access in the digital library
• Members-only Opportunities listing, including competitions, prizes and awards, workshops and funding opportunities
• Loan access for all music staff
• Guided library visits
• 10% discount on all AMC purchases made through the school - we can also provide you with a purchase order to facilitate purchasing where necessary
• Guided library visits with your students
> To join on behalf of a school, please contact us directly on 1300 651 834 or .
The AMC also has special memberships available for secondary students.