Sheet Music: Score
Compassion : a song cycle in seven movements based on a collection of ancient Hebrew and Arabic texts STUDY SCORE / L. Attar, N. Westlake.
A kit about this work will be available soon, please contact us for details
Compassion" draws from the rich worlds of Islam and Judaism to present a collection of profound and poetic messages surrounding the idea of compassion between human beings. The texts are largely a collection of poems, proverbs and songs that give us an insight into such wisdom. Their similarities are immense and their universality is undeniable. Far from the misguided commentaries that have so often steered humanity away from the true enactment of compassion, these texts affirm that attaining a greater sense of compassion is an ultimate goal, and letting it guide our actions is the ultimate wisdom.
Published by: Rimshot Music — 1 score (162p. -- A4 (portrait))
Duration: 40 mins
1. Sim Shalom: Grant Peace -- 2. Eize Hu Chacham? Who is Wise? -- 3. La Yu’minu: Until You Love Your Brother -- 4. Inna Rifqa: The Beauty Within -- 5. Al Takshu L’vavchem: Don’t Harden Your Hearts -- 6. Ma Wadani Ahadun: Until the End of Time -- 7. Avinu Malkeinu: Hymn of Compassion.
Commissioned by Sydney Symphony.
First performance info from Contribute:
Sydney Opera House September 6th 2013 Sydney Symphony Orchestra conducted by Nigel Westlake. Lior Attar - vocal solo
Commissioning and Dedication info from Contribute:
Compassion is a joint commission by Nigel Westlake and Lior Attar Commissioned by the Sydney Symphony Principal Conductor and Artistic Advisor Vladimir Ashkenazy For the Sydney Symphony and the Australian Symphony orchestras with the support of Symphony Services International
This work is also available in the following products:
- Browse other works published by Rimshot Music
- Browse other works for Tenor with full orchestra
- Browse other works by Nigel Westlake
Analysis & Media
- Resonate Article: New education resource: Compassion by Nigel Westlake and Lior
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions and insights about this item.
To post a comment please login