Sheet Music: Score
Discovery : Choral symphony No. 1 / words and music by Dindy Vaughan.
by Dindy Vaughan (2007)
The Symphony is in four movements, celebrating the ancient history, and modern construction of this 250km walk.
- First movement, 'Sea Cliffs', envisages the monumental explosion of the volcano Budj Bim, with the clearly visible volcanic activity frozen in time at Cape Bridgewater.
- Second movement, 'The Sea - Discovery Bay to Cape Bridgewater', reflects the biting wind, the thick sand and the wild song of the sea, with the seals in their element, as all nature beats with one wild heart.
- 'The Forest - Cobbobonee', imposing, majestic, ancient, reconciled.
- 'Glenelg River -Gariwerd to Nelson' - "Heart's blood pulsing, Bathing landscape, Nurturing/ Mighty river Broadly sweeping, Gariwerd to Southern Ocean".
Published by: Willowmavin Music — 1 score
Duration: 35 min.
First performance 2008. Portland Civic Hall, Vic
Words and music by Dindy Vaughan
- Browse other works published by Willowmavin Music
- Browse other works for SATB Choir with orchestra
- Browse other works by Dindy Vaughan
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions and insights about this item.
To post a comment please login