Sheet Music: Score
Missa Solis - requiem for Eli : SATB chorus score with piano accompaniment / Nigel Westlake.
by Nigel Westlake (2010)
Over a long a protracted evolution, and forged by overwhelming tragedy, Missa Solis - Requiem for Eli has become a profound expression not only of grief, but also of joy and celebration of the life of my beloved son Eli, who's life was cruelly taken some weeks before his 22nd birthday.
Published by: Rimshot Music — 1 score (94p. -- A4 (portrait))
Duration: 42 mins
1. Prologue -- 2. At the edge -- 3. Song of transience -- 4. Aurora -- 5. Nasce la Gioia Mia (My joy is born) -- 6. Hymn to the Aten -- 7. Siderius Nuncius (The Starry Messenger) -- 8. O Sol Almo Immortale (O Sun Immortal Lifegiver)
Commissioned by Melbourne Symphony Orchestra.
Piano reduction, for rehearsal purposes only.
Developed from music composed for the documentary Solarmax.
Awarded 'Work of the Year: Orchestral' at the 2012 APRA/AMC Art Music Awards.
This work is also available in the following products:
- Browse other works published by Rimshot Music
- Browse other works for SATB Choir with orchestra
- Browse other works by Nigel Westlake
Analysis & Media
- Resonate Article: 2012 Art Music Awards - comments by judging panels
- Resonate Article: Paul Lowin Prizes 2013 - finalists announced
- Resonate Article: 2013 Lowin Prize winners: Elliott Gyger and Nigel Westlake
- Video: Missa Solis Requiem for Eli
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions and insights about this item.
To post a comment please login