Sheet Music: Score
Mosstrooper Peak : sonata for guitar / Nigel Westlake.
by Nigel Westlake (2010)
Each movement is named after a remote location on the east coast of Australia, places that hold a special meaning for me and that were visited during a huge time of upheaval in my life. They are locations of repose and meditation, and upon each site stands a shrine to the memory of my son Eli.
Published by: Rimshot Music — 1 score (46p. -- A4 (portrait))
Duration: 22 mins
1. Burning Point -- 2. Mosstrooper Peak -- 3. Nara Inlet -- 4. Tangalooma -- 5. Butterfly Bay -- 6. Smoky Cape.
Dedicated to Tim Kain
First performance by Tim Kain — 14 Apr 13. Utzon Room, Sydney Opera House
This work also exists as the following versions:
- Duos: 2 Guitars
- Browse other works published by Rimshot Music
- Browse other works for Solo Guitar
- Browse other works by Nigel Westlake
Analysis & Media
- Program note: Mosstrooper Peak
by Nigel Westlake
- Program note: Nigel Westlake - Mosstrooper Peak for 2 Guitars
Mosstrooper Peak (Sonata for 2 Guitars) is a development of the “Sonata For Solo Guitar” (2010) commissioned by Timothy Kain. Based on an identical form as the original solo, the second guitar part has been added in order to amplify the resonances, augment the harmonic structure and share and ornament the melodies and textures, resulting in a tightly knit, intimate dialogue between the 2 instruments.
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions and insights about this item.
To post a comment please login