Sheet Music: Score
The compass : for large orchestra with solo flute and didgeridoo / by Liza Lim.
Published by: Australian Music Centre (under licence from Ricordi London) — 1 score (78p. -- A3 (portrait))
Difficulty: Advanced — Professional.
Duration: 22 mins
Dedicated to Gianluigi Gelmetti
Includes performance notes and program note.
The work begins with a chant sung by the didjeridu player. The text was devised by Liza Lim in consultation with William Barton, translated from his ancestral language of Kalkadoon (Indigenous language of the Kalkadoon nation in the Mount Isa region of Central Queensland).
This work is also available in the following products:
- Browse other works published by Australian Music Centre (under licence from Ricordi London)
- Browse other works for Full orchestra with multiple soloists
- Browse other works by Liza Lim
Analysis & Media
- Resonate Article: Ian Potter Music Commissions 2007 Fellowships
- Resonate Article: Alchemical Journeys – Part Two: Liza Lim
- Article: Musical journey unending
- Article: Lim's pulse of life
- Article: Windswept and interesting in its texture
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions and insights about this item.
To post a comment please login