Sheet Music: Score
The True Samaritan : four unaccompanied motets / music by Nigel Butterley
by Nigel Butterley (1958)
Published by: Wirripang [M-720072-17-3] — 1 score (32p. -- A4 (portrait))
Duration: 14 mins
Morning fanfare -- The True Samaritan -- My wishes -- Surrexit dominus.
First performance 1976. Intervarsity Choral Festival in Hobart, Tasmania.
Includes programme note, complete lyrics and biographical notes on the composer.
First published by J. Albert & Son, 1976. Then by Hovea Music Press (Perth) in 2001.
Text for 'Morning fanfare' by William Austin, and for 'Surrexit Dominus' by William Dunbar. Text of the other 2 motets are anon.
This edition produced 1976.
This work is also available in the following products:
- Browse other works published by Wirripang
- Browse other works for Unaccompanied SATB Choir
- Browse other works by Nigel Butterley
Analysis & Media
- Resonate Article: Nigel Butterley and the Problem that Wasn’t
- PDF: Musica Viva at Six-Butterley-1985
by Musica Viva and the Song Company
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions and insights about this item.
To post a comment please login