Sheet Music: Score
Three poems of Byron / text from Byron ; music by Graeme Koehne.
by Graeme Koehne (1991)
Piano reduction of orchestral score. Soprano and piano
The Three Poems of Byron provide meditations on love in a setting for female voice and string orchestra. Written for the Adelaide Chamber Orchestra in 1993 the work was rearranged for the Australian String Quartet in 2007. The poems reflect, exquisitely, on the poet's appreciation of feminine beauty. The second of the chosen poems switches momentarily from the theme of beauty's praise to reflect upon the fickleness of woman.— © Graeme Koehne
Published by: Australian Music Centre (under licence from G.Schirmer Australia) — 1 score (17p. -- A4 (portrait))
Duration: 12 min.
Stanzas for music -- To woman -- She walks in beauty.
This work also exists as the following versions:
- Soprano with string orchestra
- Browse other works published by Australian Music Centre (under licence from G.Schirmer Australia)
- Browse other works for Soprano with piano
- Browse other works by Graeme Koehne
Analysis & Media
- Resonate Article: The beauty of melody in Australian art song
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions and insights about this item.
To post a comment please login