Sheet Music: Score & Part(s)
Wings on the wind : three pieces for flute and piano / May Howlett.
by May Howlett (2007)
This little suite is inspired by the winds, movements of air in
different climates and at different times of the year.
1. THERMALS: After watching hand-held kites dip and rise in graceful curves, soaring on thermals at a Kite Festival, I sought to express the dynamics of those motions in music.
2. MISTRAL: The cold wind in the North of France can be capricious, even playful.
3. SIROCCO: The warm, sultry wind over southern Europe emanates from North Africa, redolent of the scent of spices from caravans moving slowly across the desert.
Published by: Wirripang [M720072678] — 1 score 15p. -- A4 (portrait)) and 1 part (8p. -- A4 (portrait))
Duration: 9 mins, 40 sec.
Thermals -- Mistral -- Ah! Sirocco.
The flute is an instrument that lends itself to many moods. These short pieces aim to capture several of these, from light and bouncy to sustained and seductive.
This work is also available in the following products:
This work also exists as the following versions:
- Trios: Flute, piano, cello
- Browse other works published by Wirripang
- Browse other works for Flute with piano
- Browse other works by May Howlett
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions and insights about this item.
To post a comment please login