Sheet Music: Score & Part(s)
Wings on the wind : trio: a suite of three for flute, cello and piano / May Howlett.
by May Howlett (2014)
Out of stock
This little suite is inspired by the winds, movements of air in
different climates and at different times of the year.
1. THERMALS: After watching hand-held kites dip and rise in graceful curves, soaring on thermals at a Kite Festival, I sought to express the dynamics of those motions in music.
2. MISTRAL: The cold wind in the North of France can be capricious, even playful.
3. SIROCCO: The warm, sultry wind over southern Europe emanates from North Africa, redolent of the scent of spices from caravans moving slowly across the desert.
Published by: Wirripang  — 1 score 21p. -- A4 (portrait)) and 2 parts
Difficulty: Medium — AMEB Grade 7
Duration: 9 mins, 40 sec.
Thermals -- Mistral -- Ah! Sirocco.
Includes programme note and biographical notes on the composer.
This work also exists as the following versions:
- Flute with piano
- Browse other works published by Wirripang
- Browse other works for Trios: Flute, piano, cello
- Browse other works by May Howlett
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions and insights about this item.
To post a comment please login