Sheet Music: Score & Part(s)
Wings on the wind : trio: a suite of three for flute, cello and piano / May Howlett.
by May Howlett (2014)
This little suite is inspired by the winds, movements of air in
different climates and at different times of the year.
1. THERMALS: After watching hand-held kites dip and rise in graceful curves, soaring on thermals at a Kite Festival, I sought to express the dynamics of those motions in music.
2. MISTRAL: The cold wind in the North of France can be capricious, even playful.
3. SIROCCO: The warm, sultry wind over southern Europe emanates from North Africa, redolent of the scent of spices from caravans moving slowly across the desert.
Published by: Wirripang  — 1 score 21p. -- A4 (portrait)) and 2 parts
Difficulty: Medium — AMEB Grade 7
Duration: 9 mins, 40 sec.
Thermals -- Mistral -- Ah! Sirocco.
Includes programme note and biographical notes on the composer.
This work also exists as the following versions:
- Flute with piano
- Browse other works published by Wirripang
- Browse other works for Trios: Flute, piano, cello
- Browse other works by May Howlett
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions and insights about this item.
To post a comment please login