2020 Arcadia Winds Composition Prize
- Deadline date: 1 Jun 2020 [Delivery Deadline]
- Date held: 5 - 6 October, 2020
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Total prizes: AUD 2,000 commission
- Entry restriction: Open to Australian citizens or permanent residents, between the ages of eighteen (18) and thirty-five (35) as of October 6, 2020
- Work duration: 6 - 10 minutes
CALLING ALL COMPOSERS! Entries for the 2020 Arcadia Winds Composition Prize are now open.
In 2020 the Arcadia Winds Composition Prize is taking on an exciting new format. This year, we will be commissioning a brand new 6-10 minute work for wind quintet from a young Australian composer aged 18-35.
Applicants are required to submit:
- A proposal describing how they would approach writing a wind quintet for Arcadia Winds;
- A short portfolio of two previously written works that the applicant judges to best demonstrate their ability to compose for wind instruments, and/or within a chamber music context.
The winner of the Arcadia Winds Composition Prize will receive AUD 2,000 to write a 6-10 minute work for Arcadia Winds, along with a host of performance and career development opportunities. Not only will they be provided flights to and from Melbourne for a workshop with Arcadia Winds on 5 October 2020, their winning work will also receive its world premiere by the Arcadia Winds at the Melbourne Recital Centre on the 6 October 2020, and be featured on WindStreams, Arcadia Winds’ Australian Wind Music Portal.
This year’s prize will be assessed by esteemed Australian composers Brenton Broadstock and Natalie Williams, along with members of Arcadia Winds.
Arcadia Winds is committed to equity. We strongly encourage applications by all artists including those from gender diverse communities, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, First Nations people and people with disabilities.
Contact: Arcadia Winds