Alba Rosa Viëtor Composition Competition 2020/2021
- Deadline date: 1 Nov 2020 [Delivery Deadline]
- Date held: Thursday 25 March 2021
- Location: Muziekgebouw aan ’t IJ, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Total prizes: EUR 4,000
- Entry fee: No entry fee
- Entry restriction: Composers 35 years of age and under, residing anywhere in the world, are invited to apply
The Alba Rosa Viëtor Composition Competition 2020/2021 invites composers to submit an original work upon an English text, not exceeding 9 minutes, for one singer (mezzo-soprano) and two, three or four instruments (viola, violoncello, clarinet and piano).
Composers 35 years of age and under, residing anywhere in the world, are invited to apply.
The winning composers will be awarded the Alba Rosa Viëtor Prize of EUR 3,000, and/or the Audience Prize of EUR 1,000.
The APPLICATION deadline is 1 November, 2020.
The Jury will select four works to be premiered on Thursday 25 March, 2021, at Muziekgebouw aan ’t IJ, Amsterdam (The Netherlands). Performers are the internationally acclaimed musicians Esther Valentin mezzo-soprano, Dana Zemtsov viola, Ella van Poucke violoncello, Lars Wouters van den Oudenweijer clarinet and Nicolas van Poucke piano.
Chairman of the Jury is Dutch composer Willem Jeths. He will be assisted by the English composer Judith Weir, Greek composer Calliope Tsoupaki, Polish composer Hanna Kulenty and artistic leader Reinild Mees.
- The application deadline is 1 November, 2020. There is no registration fee.
- In order to apply, an e-mail should be sent to email@example.com with the completed registration form and a number of attachments (listed below).
- Composers 35 years of age and under, residing anywhere in the world, are invited to apply.
- Only one composition may be submitted. This original work should neither have been published, performed in public and/or broadcast previously, nor awarded a prize in any other composition competition.
- The composition should be written for one singer (mezzo-soprano) and two, three or four instruments (viola, violoncello, clarinet and piano) upon an English text. The work should not exceed the lenght of 9 minutes.
Each e-mail submission must include:
- The full score, with separate instrumental parts, as a PDF file, formatted as A4, created in either Sibelius or Finale. The score does not have to be Anonymous.
- A (sample or live) recording of the work in MP3 format.
- A statement by the composer that the submitted work has neither been published, performed in public and/or broadcast previously, nor awarded a prize in any other composition competition.
- The completed registration form.
- A 1-page PDF-file containing a copy of the composer’s passport. Date of birth should be after 2nd November 1984.
- A 1-page PDF-file with a Professional Resume (education, scholarships, degrees earned, prizes, performances, etc.).
Contact: Alba Rosa Viëtor Foundation
Mailing Address: Herman Heijermansweg 5, 1077 WJ Amsterdam, Netherlands