ALFRED SCHNITTKE | International Composers’ Forum and Competition 2021 – 5th Edition
- Deadline date: 19 Jan 2021 [Delivery Deadline] — Visit our current Opportunities for upcoming competitions, workshops and more.
- Date held: 20 - 23 February 2021
- Location: Lviv, Ukraine
- Total prizes: USD 850, score publication and/or editing
- Entry fee: Participant fee; EUR 790 plus tax
- Work duration: The work must not exceed 12 minutes.
The International Composers' Competition ALFRED SCHNITTKE was born from the idea to create a project that will work on the meeting of the contemporary music of our time, dedicated to the memory of the great russian composer of 20th century Alfred Schnittke (1934-1998).
All composers who wish to participate into the International Composers’ Competition must write an original work.
The 5th International Composers’ Competition ALFRED SCHNITTKE is open to all composers of any age and nationality. The organization will select composers who will have the opportunity to participate into the International Composers' Competition ALFRED SCHNITTKE from 20 to 23 February 2021 in the city of Lviv (Ukraine), inside the Lviv Philhamonia.
The composers' selected works will be performed in a final concert on 23 February inside the Concert Hall of Lviv Philharmonic Society.
The concert will be recorded by a sound engineer and a movie director will make a video.
Each composer must submit a music score choosen in the following section :
- String Orchestra ( 8 violin I, 8 vl II, 6 viola, 4 cello, 3 contrabbass );
- Piano and string orchestra;
- Violin or Cello and string orchestra.
Deadline: 19 January 2021.
The work must not exceed 12 minutes.
All score will be sent by email (only one work for composer), in PDF format, at email@example.com.
Each email sent to submit a score shall include:
- The score and orchestral parts must be in A4 format, (please indicate minutes of the score) as PDF file (Sibelius or Finale program);
- A second PDF-file containing the identity of the composer (name and address, nationality, telephone number, email, website, short CV) and a statement by the composer stating that the submitted work has never before been published, performed in public and/or broadcast before, nor prized in any composer’s competition. Other file format than PDF are not acceptable and will result in the submission being rejected!
There is no registration form.
The Composition Staff will select the best composers, from all the application submitted, no later than 21 January 2021.
The tuition fee for all participants selected is:
EUR 790 (euro 790 + 5% Paypal tax), to be paid no later than 27 January 2021 by Paypal on email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The tuition fee includes:
- Check sound of the works of select composers from 20 to 23 February 2021;
- Final concert in Philharmonia with the works selected with the KLK Chamber Orchestra;
- Professional AUDIO / VIDEO recording of the selected works during the final concert.
The tuition fee does not include:
Administrative secretary for the International Music Composers’ Competition ALFRED SCHNITTKE 2019 is Ms. Anastasiya Kodola.
For any question about the tuition fee and payment method write to email@example.com.
Please send a PDF file with your payment check firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Yuri Lanyuk (UKR) – President;
- Bogdhana Frolyak (UKR) – Composer;
- Domenico Clapasson (ITA) – Composer;
- Ferdinando Nazzaro (ITA) – Composer, Artistic Director KLKnewmusic.
Three prizes will be awarded.
1 Prize – USD 850, and the score published by Aldebaran Editions;
2 Prize – score edited by Aldebaran Editions;
3 Prize – score edited by Aldebaran Editions.
The Composition Staff reserves the right not to award the prize and to award Special Mentions of merit.
Contact: KLK New Music