Arts Tasmania: Arts recovery support initiative
- Deadline date: 15 Feb 2021 [Delivery Deadline]
- Date held: From April 21, 2021
- Location: Tasmania, Australia
- Entry restriction: Open to Tasmanian artists, arts groups, arts organisations and businesses based in Tasmania
The Tasmanian Government recognises that COVID-19 has had a significant impact on many Tasmanian artists and arts organisations.
In the 2020-21 State Budget the government announced additional funds to support the arts.
The Arts Recovery Support Initiative is the first of a suite of programs to be delivered as part of the AUD 2.5 million Arts and Cultural Support Fund.
Under the initiative artists, arts organisations and arts businesses may apply for up to AUD 10 000 to cover earnings lost as a result of cancellations due to COVID-19.
With a total pool of AUD 1 million, the Arts Recovery Support Initiative is designed to help people sustain their arts businesses and practices to ensure that Tasmania’s renowned creative industries continue to thrive and provide experiences for audiences.
Applicants may only submit one application but it may relate to multiple engagements and include multiple art forms.
Sign up for Arts Tasmania’s newsletter for funding and program announcements.
Opens: 11 January 2021
Closes: 15 February 2021
Notification will occur in April 2021.
This initiative supports:
- individual artists and groups based in Tasmania for 6 of the last 12 months
- arts organisations and arts businesses based in Tasmania.
To be eligible, applicants will need to:
- 1. demonstrate a decline of at least 30 per cent in total earnings over a 12-month period compared to the same period in the previous year (total earnings should include all operating revenue including grants, income earnt, JobKeeper and other subsidies).
- 2. demonstrate that they had a professional arts or cultural engagement that was scheduled to occur between 1 March 2020 and 1 January 2021 that did not proceed due to COVID-19 suppression measures.
- 3. provide evidence that the cancellation, postponement, or part payment of a contract or agreement for an artistic or cultural engagement resulted in a loss of income.
- 4. have been operating since 1 January 2019.
The Arts Recovery Support Initiative is a competitive funding initiative with limited funds. Eligible applications will be assessed against the assessment criteria.
Applications will not be accepted from:
- an artist, arts organisation or arts business that does not have an ABN
- an arts organisation or arts business that cannot demonstrate that its principle place of business is in Tasmania
- an individual who has not been resident in Tasmania for at least six of the last 12 months. All members of unincorporated groups must meet this criteria.
- artists, arts organisations in receipt of funding through the Small Business Hardship Grants and/or Events Supplier Business Sustainability Grants
- any business that is under external administration or bankruptcy
- any State government body, government agency or government business enterprise
- event organisers, suppliers or promoters (these organisations were eligible for support under the Events Supplier Small Business Sustainability Grants)
- individuals employed by the Department of State Growth
- Local Government organisations or enterprises
- non-arts and cultural venues
- screen practitioners and production companies
- third-party submissions on behalf of a business owner.
If applicants are unsure about their ability to meet all aspects of the eligibility criteria they should contact Arts Tasmania.
Help with your application
You can discuss your application with a member of Arts Tasmania’s grants team before the closing date.
Contact the grants team on 03 6165 6666 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Arts Tasmania
Phone: (03) 6165 6666