Gaetano Amadeo Prize 2020
- Deadline date: 25 Sep 2020 [Delivery Deadline] — Visit our current Opportunities for upcoming competitions, workshops and more.
- Location: Italy
- Total prizes: USD 3,000, performance (and recording), diploma
- Entry fee: EUR 75
Asociacion Musical Contrappunto & Iberclassica Artists Agency in cooperation with Centro Studi "Gaetano Amadeo" & Associazione "Amici della Lirica" di Imperia, announces the second edition of the "GAETANO AMADEO PRIZE 2020" dedicated to the 200th anniversary of the ligurian composer (1820-2020).
1) The competition is open to composers and musicians of all nationality with NO AGE LIMIT.
2) ENTRIES DEADLINE:
The scores and all documents listed at the rule 5 must be sent only by email no later then by midnight of the 25th September 2020, with the email subject: "Gaetano Amadeo Prize 2020"
3) DETAILS OF COMPETITION SCORES:
The submitted compositions, with no lenght limit, also published for any kind of instrumentation/voices (from solo player to the Symphony Orchestra also with soloist ) must be sent in PDF format.
4) PARTICIPATION ARRANGEMENT:
Participation in the competition is subject to the payment - by bank transfer - of a registration fee (non-refundable) of EUR 75,00.
Each participant can compete for more than one composition by making a specific registration of each piece and by paying the related registration fee.
5) HOW TO APPLY:
The documents to apply for the competition must be sent via e-mail within the terms indicated in the rule 2. They must included:
- 1 Application form in PDF or JPG format fully filled and signed. (Application can be downloaded from the competition website).
- 2 Score in PDF format.
- 3 Copy of a valid identity document or passport in PDF or JPG format.
- 4 Curriculum Vitae in PDF format.
- 5 Proof of the payment of the application fee for the competition.
The Jury will be chaired by Maestro Giuseppe Monari and made up of renowed musicians, composers and artistic directors at the international level.
The Jury’s decisions are final and unappealable. It reserves the right not to award the prize if none of the compositions is considered worthy. The Jury, with its unquestionable judgment , can also report one or more works.
The three winners will receive:
- 1° awarded: USD 1,500 money prize, Diploma and performance of the composition (a CD recording to be assigned at the discretion of Maestro Giuseppe Monari).
- 2° awarded: USD 1000 and Diploma.
- 3° awarded: USD 500 and Diploma.
Concurrently with the publication of the results on the website, the composers declared winners will be notified by email within 10th October 2020.
Nothing will be due by the competition organisation for the complete works and their use in occasion related to the performance. The composer of the winning work agrees to the work’s recording (television, radio and audio) and to its posting on websites, without any extra cost to the Asociacion Musical Contrappunto and Iberclassica.
In accordance with article 13 of the GDPR 2016/679 (E.U. General Data Protection Regulation) we inform you that personal data provided by participants will be used solely for the purposes of the competition.
The organisation disclaims any liability in the event breach of copyright by competition.
Participation in the "Gaetano Amadeo Prize 2020" implies the unconditional acceptance by the participant of all the rules established by the competition announcement.
11) LEGAL NOTICE:
The organisation reserves the right to change due dates and regulations at any time by giving anyway communication on the website www.amadeo-prize.com.
In the event of claims or dispute the only legal valid document is the present notice of competition in english, composed of 11 rules. The Court of Murcia will have exclusive competence.
Contact: Artistic Secretary: M° Carmen Pacheco, Gaetano Amadeo Prize 2020 (2th edition)
Mailing Address: Calle Barranquete 4, 30150-Murcia (Spain)