International Composition Competition "Premio Musica Nova" Latina, II Edition 2020
- Discipline/Field: Composition for solo violin or solo cello
- Deadline date: 24 May 2020 [Delivery Deadline] — Visit our current Opportunities for upcoming competitions, workshops and more.
- Date held: September, 2020
- Location: Latina, Italy
- Total prizes: EUR 1,900 (gross)
- Entry fee: EUR 80
- Work duration: Up to 10 minutes
LUOGO ARTE ACCADEMIA MUSICALE, in partnership with the Municipality of Latina and DMI – DIZIONARIO DELLA MUSICA ITALIANA, Latina Conservatory of Music Ottorino Respighi, Frosinone Conservatory of Music Licinio Refice and NUOVA CONSONANZA, announces the II Edition of the International Competition "PREMIO MUSICA NOVA".
Art. 1 - Purpose:
The PREMIO MUSICA NOVA International Competition is intended for original compositions. Specifically, it is finalized to the exploitation of new talents in musical writing.
Art. 2 - Admission requirement:
The competition is addressed to musicians of all ages and nationalities. The competition is not held anonymously – that means that all the sent materials must contain the competitor’s name and surname. All the compositions must be unpublished and not awarded in previous competitions.
Art. 3 - Type of compositions:
The pieces must be composed for Solo Violin or Solo Cello. The maximum time length for each one is of 10 minutes.
Art. 4 - How to participate: preliminary phase:
Competitors wishing to take part in the competition must send an email no later then May 24th, 2020 to "email@example.com". All emails must contain:
- Registration form;
- Artistic curriculum and studies;
- Scanning of an identity document attesting the age and nationality;
- 2 recent photographs;
- The receipt for the EUR 80 enrollment payment, made within May 24th, 2020. See the competition website for payment processes;
- A statement signed from the composer, certifying that the composition is unpublished and never performed in public. If the composer owns a publishing exclusive licensing, it is necessary to place on the score the reference: "Piece composed for Premio Musica Nova, International composition competition, II Edition 2020";
- Declaration of consent to the disclosure of free public execution, the audio/video recording and transmission, the archiving of the materials and their use for a possible record publication; without any request for compensation except for copyright;
- Declaration of consent to the processing of the participant's personal data in the competition – referring to 13 del D.Igs. 196/2003 e s.m.i. especially for the rights of the law ex art.7 D.Lgs. 196/2003;
- Declaration of acceptance of the competition rules.
Art. 5 - How to participate: eliminatory phase - sending compositions:
The compositions must be completed (score, explanatory tables and glossary - in case there are graphic characters or symbols). All the compositions must be sent:
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by May 24th, 2020.
- in paper format by registered letter with signed return receipt within May 30th, 2020, to: Luogo Arte Accademia Musicale - Viale delle Industrie 6/A, 04013 Latina Scalo (LT), Italy.
The composers are also requested to include the link to an audio recording or a computer simulation and not to attach audio files to the email.
The commission will evaluate the compositions within June, 2020. The evaluation will be based on the general provisions contained in Art.2 and will be done in order to choose a maximum of 3 finalists. The admission to the final stage of the competition will be communicated by email to the finalist competitors with due advance.
Art. 6 - How to participate: final phase:
The official award event will be held in Latina -- Palazzo della Cultura -- in September, 2020, and all the finalists will take part in it. The official date of the event will be communicated within August 2020 - possible changes in location will be communicated with due advance. The pieces of the three winners will be performed during the event.
Art. 7 - Composition and powers of the commission:
The Jury will be presided by Ennio Morricone and will be composed of Franco Piersanti, Lucio Gregoretti, Claudio Paradiso, Alberto Giraldi, Stefano Cucci, Paolo Rotili, Albino Taggeo.
In case of necessity, the members of the Jury can be replaced. The decisions of the Jury are unquestionable and unappealable. The jury has the right not to award prizes, if the desired quality level is not reached.
Art. 8 - Prizes:
The winners of the competition will receive:
- 1st place EUR 1,000 - gross amount;
- 2nd place EUR 600 - gross amount;
- 3rd place EUR 300 - gross amount.
No refund for travel/stay will be guaranteed for the competitors taking part in the final event. The finalists will receive a DVD with the record of the final musical performances.
Art. 9 - Acceptance of the rules:
The unconditional acceptance of all the competition rules is mandatory for all the participant.
Art. 10 - Disputes:
The Court of Latina is competent for any disputes.
Contact: Luogo Arte Accademia Musicale
Phone: +39 0773 820011
Mailing Address: Viale delle Industrie 6/A, 04013 Latina Scalo (LT), Italy