Lawson-May Award for Composition : The Solent Music Festival
- Deadline date: 15 Jun 2020 [Delivery Deadline]
- Date held: The winner will be announced on 1st July 2020
- Location: Tonbridge, United Kingdom
- Total prizes: GBP 3,000
- Entry fee: There is no application fee
- Work duration: 7-15 minutes in duration
We are extremely grateful to Neil Lawson-May for generously sponsoring this award.
1) Composers of any age and nationality;
2) Compositions must not have been previously published;
3) Compositions must not have won any prize in a previous composition competition;
4) Compositions must never have been performed in public;
5) Only one entry per composer.
Length and Format:
1) 7-15 minutes in duration;
2) Piece must be for one to six players using any of the following instruments:
clarinet (1), violin (1 or 2), viola (1), cello (1), piano (1).
Application (June 15, 2020 Deadline):
1) Short Biography (200 words max);
2) Submissions via email only to email@example.com ;
3) Scores must be typeset and attached as PDF files; please also include a recording, mp3, or midi file of your composition if possible.
4) There is no application fee.
1) The winner will be announced on 1st July 2020 on our website. The jury's decisions are final and cannot be appealed.
1) One prize only of GBP 3,000.
2) The winning work will be premiered at the 2020 SMF in September.
Deadline: 15 June 2020.
Contact: Solent Music Festival
Mailing Address: 28 Lavender Hill, Tonbridge TN9 2AT UNITED KINGDOM