MOMENTUM II for early-career artists
- Deadline date: 25 Sep 2020 [Delivery Deadline] — Visit our current Opportunities for upcoming competitions, workshops and more.
- Location: Australia
- Total prizes: $5,000
- Entry restriction: Australian citizen/resident, artists who have completed their formal studies, and are not enrolled at an institution as a student.
The AMC is pleased to announce MOMENTUM II, and call for Expressions of Interest. The deadline for EOIs is 5pm AEST on Friday 25 September 2020.
Cinque Artist Management has generously provided an amount of $5,000 to support a commission as part of the MOMENTUM series. The amount includes a $4,000 commission fee, and $1,000 as a contribution to the performance/realisation of the work.
As with the first MOMENTUM Commission, MOMENTUM II offers practical support in these uncertain times, this time to an early-career artist, to create and realise a work. The commission recognises the challenges faced by composers/creators who have completed their formal music or composition studies, or other development of their creative practice, and are at the early stages of establishing their professional career and networks.
The commissioned work must incorporate elements that embrace cultural diversity.
Candidates for this opportunity need to demonstrate that they have already produced a body of work, both during their formal studies, and since. Applicants may have previously received commissions.
The outcome would be the completion of a work, realised in a performance either in a concert presentation or via an online platform. The performance may be realised by the composer/creator or other performing artists.
• be an Australian citizen, or hold Australian residency status
• be artists who have completed their formal studies, and are not enrolled at an institution as a student.
• have developed a body of work over some time.
• show evidence of activities that present examples of their progress towards developing their professional practice.
• be a current financial member of the AMC.
(If you have been unable to maintain your membership with AMC due to financial reasons, please contact us.)
Your EOI must include:
• A short biography (max 300 words).
• A short statement outlining your formal studies/creative development. In your response please reference activities you have undertaken that have contributed to developing your professional practice. Include grants and paid commissions, if any, that you have received (max 200 words, plus list of grants).
• A descriptive overview of your existing works (max 200 words), including a link to a full list.
• A description of what you propose to do with the commission/bursary; how your work will address cultural diversity; and a proposed completion date (300 words).
Other support material accompanying your EOI might include:
• an endorsement, or evidence of confirmation of a future performance from a performer/presenter
• a plan for how your work will be realised.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a report by 31 January 2021, outlining details of the work undertaken to that date.
Call for EOIs issued: end August 2020
Application deadline 5pm Friday 25 September 2020
Result announced: end October.
Project completion date as negotiated with successful applicant, with $4K commission fee available immediately, and the $1K upon the completion of the work and confirmation of performance/launch date and details.
Submitting your EOI
Please submit your Expression of Interest, with requested attachments, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'MOMENTUM II EOI', by the deadline 5pm AEST on Friday 25 September 2020.
Contact: John Davis, Australian Music Centre
Mailing Address: PO Box N690, Grosvenor Place NSW 1220 AUSTRALIA