The 2020 Suzhou Jinji Lake International Piano Competition
- Deadline date: 10 Sep 2020 [Registration Deadline]
- Date held: November 28 - December 5, 2020
- Location: Suzhou, China
- Total prizes: USD 71,000
- Entry fee: USD 100
- Entry restriction: Applicants must have been born after November 26, 1992, and on or before November 26, 2004
The Suzhou Symphony Orchestra is pleased to announce the 2020 Suzhou Jinji Lake International Piano Competition. Under the guidance of Artistic Director XU Zhong, this international calibre event in China and the Asia Pacific region is founded to promote the art of piano at the most professional level, and to inspire the love and appreciation of the piano, through a series of premier events and competition activities, and to give the most promising pianists from all over the world the opportunity to flourish and develop their talents.
The Competition invites the most gifted young pianists of all nationalities to Suzhou to compete for the highest recognition of their mastery, adjudicated by an internationally renowned panel of judges. Suzhou, an alluring city with a 2000-year-old history and hailed as "Venice of the Orient', and the Suzhou Symphony Orchestra, a dynamic new orchestra composed of musicians from all corners of the world, will jointly compose a new chapter in the art of the piano for its local communities and global friends.
The Suzhou Jinji Lake International Piano Competition will be hosted at the Jinji Lake Concert Hall, home of the Suzhou Symphony Orchestra.
Calendar of the Competition:
- November 27, 2020 - Opening Ceremony Concert.
- November 28-30, 2020 - First Stage.
- December 1-2, 2020 - Second Stage.
- December 4,-5, 2020 - Final Stage.
- December 5, 2020 - Award Ceremony and Winners Concert.
- First Place – USD 25,000.
- Second Place – USD 15,000.
- Third Place – USD 10,000.
- Fourth Place – USD 7,000.
- Fifth Place – USD 5,000.
- Sixth Place – USD 4,000.
- Special Prize for Best Performance of the Commissioned Work – USD 5,000.
The Competition Committee shall organize solo recitals and concerto appearances for the first three place prize winners in the Greater China Region, as well as selected European countries.
Rules and Procedure for the Application:
The Jinji Lake International Piano Competition is open to pianists of all nationalities between the ages of 16 and 28. Applicants must have been born after November 26, 1992, and on or before November 26, 2004.
Application Deadline and Important Dates:
- September 10 - Application submission deadline;
- October 10 - Notification of acceptance or non-acceptance to participate in the Competition;
- October 20 – Participation fee submission deadline; last day to make repertoire change;
- November 25 - Competition registration;
- November 28 - Competition begins;
- December 5 - Awards Ceremony and Winners Concert.
2. Applications should be submitted by email to the following email address: email@example.com .
Please see the competition website for the full rules and regulations and for the repertoire list.
Contact: Suzhou Symphony Orchestra
Mailing Address: 1 Guanfeng Street, SIP, Suzhou, Jiangsu, China