Vienna Classical Music Academy International Composition Competition 2021
- Deadline date: 28 Feb 2021 [Delivery Deadline]
- Date held: 9 May 2021
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Total prizes: EUR 2,250
- Entry fee: EUR 35 per entry
- Anonymous entry: Yes
- Work duration: The length of the works is limited to a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 15 minutes.
COMPETITION RULES & REGULATIONS:
- The competition is open to composers of all ages and nationalities.
- The subject of the composition is free.
- Works that have been published before but have not won a competition can participate.
- Compositions should be prepared as PDF and submitted anonymously.
- Composers should not write their credentials on the note.
- Participants can send as many works as they want.
- They can participate with the work(s), solo and more instruments.
- In the orchestration of the works, piano, violin, viola, cello, double bass, flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, trumpet, trombone, horn, tuba, xylophone, guitar, harp, vocal, choir can be preferred Any desired instrument combination can be preferred.
- Sections of the works should be presented in A4 format, until 28.02.2021 in PDF format.
- The length of the works is limited to a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 15 minutes.
- Participation fee is 35 euro per work.
- Compositions must be Anonymous.
- If the work presented by the composer was performed or participated in another composition contest, a description should be included.
Candidates can make their applications until February 28, 2021, from the application tab on the site, or by sending the following documents to the official e-mail address of the organization.
* ID of the participant.
* Resume and contact information of the participant (e-mail, telephone, postal address).
* Photo of the participant at least 300 dpi resolution.
* Compositions should be prepared as PDF (A4) and submitted anonymously.
* Youtube link, mp4 recording, mp3 recording. If live recording is not available, it can be recorded in any DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) program and delivered in an understandable mix and mastering (Not required)
* Confirmation letter and parental identity stating that he / she will participate in the contest received from his parents for participants under the age of 18.
* A receipt showing that the application fee for the competition has been paid by any of the options specified on the payment tab on the website.
- 1st prize: EUR 1,000 + Certificate.
- 2nd prize: EUR 750 + Certificate.
- 3rd prize: EUR 500 + Certificate.
DISCLOSURE ABOUT THE PANDEMIC (COVID-19): If any winner cannot go to Vienna for any reason, he or she will still receive an award and certificate. The official results will be announced on March 15, 2021, and if the last concert in Mozarthaus Vienna on May 9, 2021 will not be held due to the pandemic, it will be rescheduled at a date after the pandemic. It is guaranteed by the organization that the concert of the winners will take place in Mozarthaus Vienna, depending on the pandemic process.
- The works will be evaluated by the determined juries.
- The decision made is final and cannot be changed.
- Communication with the jury members until the competition ends is a reason for disqualification.
28.02.2021 - Application deadline.
15.03.2021 - Announcement of the finalists.
09.05.2021 - Award Ceremony of the winners of the competition.
Contact: Vienna Classical Music Academy