Argo: TO THE SKY : QMF 2017
- Date: Sunday, 9 July 2017, Doors open 5:30pm | Two concert sessions: 6pm and 8pm
- Venue: Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium — Mount Coot Tha Rd, Toowong , QLD
- Series: This event is part of the Queensland Music Festival 2017 series
- Tickets: General: $40 | Two-concert pass: $55 — Tickets can be purchased online
mesmerising, intoxicating, breathtaking, exhilarating :: to the sky dissolves the world around you and ascends through the far reaches of the cosmos
In what is sure to be one of the highlights of our 2017 concerts, Argo teams up with the Camerata and the Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium to present a spectacular journey through our universe and beyond.
Set under the Planetarium's Cosmic Sky Dome, the concert features the string orchestra spread across the space to completely surround the room, and surround sound electronics and synths, with visuals filling the entire space created custom for this event by the Planetarium's curators. This heady mix of cosmic visuals, lush contemporary classical strings, and rich analogue and searing digital synths combines to create a unique concert-length work, newly commissioned by Argo in 2017, written by a collective of young local composers, lead by Connor D'Netto, Thomas Green and Joshua Rivory.
new commission* collaboratively written by a collective of young local composers
* World premiere, commissioned by argo in 2017
approx. 60 minutes total running time
Further information for this event is available online at the event's website or by phone on (07) 3010 6600
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login