Resources for academics and teachers
Engage your students with music of our time and place
Education resource guide 2013 - music resources at your fingertips. Download a pdf guide of teaching resources and materials available from the AMC, including search tips, library user help, new releases, and more.
Dedicated teacher resource kits
Make teaching Australian music as easy as possible with our teacher resource kits specifically designed for secondary and tertiary education.
Kits include scores, recordings and booklets with activities designed by education specialists.
Research at your desk
The Australian Music Centre online catalogue contains information on over 30,000 scores and recordings. For many works you will be able to find information such as overviews and program notes, details of commissions and awards, performance histories, available recordings and performance information such as difficulty and duration.
The online catalogue includes:
• Rich biographical information on over 550 composers
• 30 second audio samples for over 5,700 works
• Digital score samples for 4,200 works
• Access to our digital library for members, with nearly 8,000 full scores available for perusal loan
Specially prepared repertoire lists
for youth ensembles
The AMC holds over 140 works for youth orchestra, and over 50 works for concert or wind band, varying in difficulty from easy to advanced.
Our library team have prepared easy to use lists of suitable works:
> Find music for youth orchestra
> Find music for concert band & wind band
High school performance repertoire
For private instrument or classroom teachers with students studying the NSW HSC, our dedicated HSC page assists you to easily search our catalogue to find suitable repertoire to meet syllabus requirements. For teachers and students in other states, these lists and other works in our extensive catalogue can enhance your performance repertoire with Australian content.
We are developing specific resources for VCE teachers, including recommended teaching resources by unit, and teaching examples, prepared by Helen Champion, the curriculum manager at the Performing Arts at Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA).
Ask our Librarian
If you have a special request to help you in teaching Australian music, our specialist staff can help you identify resources. Use our Ask our Librarian form to submit your enquiry.
Current news and information
The Australian Music Centre’s magazine, Resonate, is Australia's only specialist online magazine devoted to Australian composers, sound artists and their art form.
The publication features in-depth articles and discussion, blog articles, news and commentary; interviews with composers, sound artists and performers.
Purchase resource material online
The AMC website has many products available for purchase directly through the website, delivered to you:
• 11,500 scores and ensemble parts
• Almost 3,300 CD recordings
• 1,700 digital MP3s available for immediate download
• education kits developed specifically for secondary and tertiary education
• resource books related to the Australian musical landscape
Exclusive benefits for members
Stay connected with Australia's vibrant new music scene by becoming a member of the Australian Music Centre:
• Borrow scores, CDs and books from the AMC collection, including nearly 8,000 scores available for online access in the digital library
• 10% discount on purchases of education kits, scores, CDs, books, and MP3s from the AMC
• Opportunities listing, including competitions, prizes and awards, workshops and funding opportunities
• Nominations rights for the annual Art Music Awards
• Voting rights at the AMC Annual General Meeting
• Members-only giveaways and special offers
• APRA member benefits card offering great deals in retail, travel, finance and insurance
Teaching at a school or a tertiary institution?
Find out more about membership for schools or institutions.