Resources for students
Discover, research and learn about the music of Australian composers and sound artists
For NSW high school students, our dedicated HSC page allows you to easily search our catalogue to find suitable repertoire - with access to score and audio samples to help you find music for your instrument.
For students in other states, these lists and other works in our extensive catalogue can enhance your performance repertoire with Australian content.
for Australian music
The Australian Music Centre's magazine Resonate is the only specialist online magazine devoted to Australian composers, sound artists and their art form.
The publication features in-depth articles and discussion, blog articles, news and commentary; interviews with composers, sound artists and performers.
Discover Australia's top composers, sound artists and improvisers with detailed biographical information on over 550 represented artists.
Program notes & analysis
Utilise our rich and growing collection of online analyses and program notes for your research.
Easily search for suitable repertoire using our unique repertoire guide. You can search by duration or difficulty, date of creation or composition, subject, themes or styles or the availability of scores or sound recordings.
Ask a Librarian
Our music librarians are able to help you identify resources to meet the needs of specialist enquiries. Use our Ask a Librarian form to submit your question.
Our staff are also able to assist with advanced research for a fee (members may be eligible for a discount in these fees).
Our Australian Music Calendar will keep you up to date with events happening in your state.
If you are performing Australian works, or your work is being performed, start building your profile through the calendar. Listings are free and can be submitted online.
Participate in the discussion
Interact with a community of creators, performers and interested parties by sharing your opinions on performances or articles. Anyone is encouraged to make a short or in-depth comment on any work, product or event listed on our website.
If you are researching within an Australian context, you may like to submit a story to be considered for inclusion in Resonate.
Benefits for student members
Stay connected with Australia's vibrant new music scene by becoming a member of the Australian Music Centre:
• Borrow scores, CDs and books from the AMC collection.
• Borrow from nearly 8,000 scores available for online access in the digital library
Extra benefits for
tertiary student members
• 10% discount on purchases of education kits, scores, CDs, books, and MP3s from the AMC
• Discounted research service fees for assistance with specialist research projects
• Members-only Opportunities listing, including competitions, prizes and awards, workshops and funding opportunities
• Nominations rights for the annual Art Music Awards
• Members-only giveaways and special offers
• APRA member benefits card offering great deals in retail, travel, finance and insurance