Crossing Roper Bar Workshop (Melbourne)
- Date: Thursday, 29 May 2014, 7pm
- Venue: Moreland City Band Hall — 22 Cross St, Brunswick, VIC Tickets: This is a free event
A unique opportunity to gain insight into the people, places and stories behind Crossing Roper Bar:
• Meet Wagilak songmen Daniel and David Wilfred in a relaxed, conversational setting.
• Learn about Manikay, one of the great classical music traditions indigenous to Arnhem Land including live demonstrations.
• Discover the poetic, philosophic and religious aspects of music and ceremony in Arnhem Land and the integral links between music, the land and ceremonial law.
• Enjoy live performance of some beautiful songs and virtuoso yidaki (didjeridu) playing.
• Join the bunggul (dance) workshop.
• Explore telling stories, singing stories and dancing stories.
Further information for this event is available by phone on (03) 9602 4393
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login