Devotional and Traditional Music of Bali and China
- Date: Sunday, 17 September 2017, 2pm
- Venue: Music Workshop, Sydney Conservatorium of Music — Cnr Macquarie St and Bridge St, Sydney, NSW
- Series: This event is part of the Sydney Sacred Music Festival 2017 series
- Tickets: Adults: $25 | Children: $15 | Concession: $15 — Tickets can be purchased online or by phone on (02) 9351 1218
This concert brings together the two Asian ensembles of Sydney Conservatorium of Music (SCM) focusing respectively on music from Bali and China. Addressing the theme of the Sydney Sacred Music Festival, the transcendental program presents traditional pieces inspired by nature, the human condition, and music and dance specifically composed for the worship of the divine. The two ensembles are led by various world music specialists including Gary Watson, Lulu Liu and Dr Nicholas Ng. Special guests this year include The Judgement of Paris (recorder ensemble), directed by A/Prof Peter Petocz; and master calligrapher Lu Ping, who will engage in a live calligraphic work in response to the music performed.
Featured Australian Works
|Qi Feng Ge : chamber ensemble by Nicholas Ng — World premiere|
— performed by Warwick Tyrrell
- Conductor Warwick Tyrrell
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login