- Date: Friday, 16 May 2014, 8.15pm
- Venue: Fitters Workshop — Wentworth Ave, Next to Canberra Glassworks, Kingston, ACT
- Series: This event is part of the Canberra International Music Festival 2014 series
- Tickets: Adults: $80 | Concession: $70 — Tickets can be purchased online or by phone on (02) 6275 2700
Works for strings from World War 1 performed on period instruments; Works for strings from World War 2 performed on modern instruments.
Performers: The Wallfisch Band, Uppsala Chamber Soloists, ACO2, Sprogis Woods Smith Young Artists, Nils-Erik Sparf (violin), James Wannan (viola), Kate Clarke (wooden flute), Alice Giles (harp), Christopher Latham (conductor)
Featured non-Australian music: Richard Strauss: Metamorphosen; Anton Webern: Langsamer Satz; Harold Truscott: Elegy; Herbert Howells: Elegy for Viola and Strings; Edward Elgar: Sospiri Op. 70;
Featured Australian Works
|Frederick Septimus Kelly by Elegy for Rupert Brooke|
|Frederick Septimus Kelly by Serenade for Flute Harp and Strings — Australian premiere|
- Music of Frederick Septimus Kelly
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login