Jon Rose was 60
- Date: Monday, 3 September 2012, 7:30pm
- Venue: Perth Institute of Contemporary Arts (PICA) — Perth Cultural Centre, 51 James St, Northbridge, WA
This concert celebrates Jon Rose’s 60th birthday last year. This concert is both dedicated to and inspired by him, and is tied together by the idea of the string, the thread, the line – a crucial part of Rose’s innovative new music practice for many years. Guest artists guitarists Ant Gray and Bill Darby, as well as Melbourne ensemble Golden Fur.
1. Jon Rose (NSW) - The Auctioneer Says [world premiere] for restrung viola, cello, bass guitar, electric guitar, percussion, saxophone and a virtual Jon Rose.
2. Clare Nina Norelli (WA) – A Dark String [world premiere] vcl, vla, piano, perc.
3. Lyndon Blue (WA) - new work
4. James Rushford (VIC) Espalier – [world premiere] for ensemble and electronics
5. Lindsay Vickery and Jon Rose (WA) – [world premiere] U Bahn c1985: the Rosenberg Variations
6. Cat Hope (WA) – [world premiere]
7. Peter Ablinger (Germany)– Two Strings and Noise (2004)
8. Fausto Romitelli (Italy) – Blood on the floor painting, 1986 (2000)
9 Low (USA) – Do You Know how to Waltz (2002) arr. Decibel for ensemble
Featured non-Australian music: Romitelli, Ablinger, Low
Further information for this event is available online at the event's website
Featured Australian Works
|The Auctioneer Says by Jon Rose|
|U Bahn c1985: the Rosenberg Variations by Lindsay Vickery and Jon Rose|
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login