Minotaur - The Island
- Date: Sunday, 27 March 2011, 12.30pm
- Venue: Dennes Point Community Hall BRUNY ISLAND — 18 Main Road, Dennes Point, Bruny Island, TAS
- Series: This event is part of the Ten Days on the Island '11 series
- Tickets: Full: $95 | Concession: $85. Ticket includes lunch & wine. — Tickets can be purchased by phone on (03) 6233 5300
Virtually all the music for Monteverdi’s 1608 opera L’Arianna, one of the most influential and famous examples of early Baroque opera, has been lost. Minotaur sees Melbourne-based Chamber Made Opera reconstruct a contemporary chamber version in three parts, the first of which, The Island, will receive its world premiere at Dennes Point on Bruny Island. Chamber Made Opera will be working on Bruny Island as artists-in-residence, engaging with the Bruny community to create and present the first part of this project.
Featured Australian Works
||The Minotaur trilogy (chamber opera) (2011) [Minotaur: The island] by Margaret Cameron and David Young|
— performed by Chamber Made Opera
- Performer Chamber Made Opera
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login