Stefan Cassomenos at Swan Hill
- Date: Friday, 30 January 2015, 10.30am arrival for 11.00am - 12.00pm
- Venue: Swan Hill Regional Art Gallery — Horseshoe Bend, Swan Hill, VIC
- Series: This event is part of the Murray River International Music Festival 2015 series
- Tickets: $12 concert only, $16 concert and morning tea — Tickets can be purchased online or by phone on (03) 5022 9542
Melbourne pianist and composer Stefan Cassomenos is one of Australia’s most vibrant and versatile musicians. Stefan has performed internationally since the age of 10, and premiered his own first piano concerto Aegean Odyssey with the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra at the age of 16. He has since performed numerous concertos and is in demand as a recitalist throughout Europe, Asia and Australia.
An active as an artistic director of various festivals, Stefan is a founding member of contemporary chamber ensemble PLEXUS, which has commissioned over 60 composers and premieres 20 new works in 2014. Stefan is generously supported by Kawai Australia and the Youth Music Foundation of Australia.
Morning tea will be at Spoons Restaurant across the road from the Gallery, between 10.00 and 11.00am. This includes tea and coffee and a fabulous scone.
Featured non-Australian music: Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Prokofiev
Featured Australian Works
|Toccatissimo : for solo piano (2011) by Carl Vine|
— performed by Stefan Cassomenos
- Performer Stefan Cassomenos
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login