Sheet Music: Score
Exile lamentations : three choruses for SATB choir / Paul Stanhope.
by Paul Stanhope (2008)
Exile Lamentations is a triptych of choral pieces which reflect upon the experience of displacement, homelessness and banishment.
The starting point for Exile Lamentations is found in the Lamentations of Jeremiah, which play an important part in both Christian and Jewish traditions.
This three-movement piece juxtaposes the poetry of C20th Palestinian poets with the ancient Lamentations texts. The music employs a vast array of choral textures in its illustration of the powerful textual elements.
Published by: Australian Music Centre — 1 facsimile score (35p. -- A4 (portrait))
Duration: 18 mins
1. Eykhah -- 2. Deserts of Exile -- 3. Lament.
Includes program note, Hebrew pronunciation guide, and full text.
This edition produced 2015.
This work is also available in the following products:
- Browse other works for Unaccompanied SATB Choir
- Browse other works by Paul Stanhope
Analysis & Media
- Resonate Article: Art Music Awards 2011 - finalists announced
- Resonate Article: Winners of the inaugural Art Music Awards announced
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions and insights about this item.
To post a comment please login