8 October 2015
AMPlify TRANCE artist development opportunity
Calling for expressions of interest (EOI) by 30 October 2015
Experienced art music composers/creative musicians are invited to submit an expression of interest for a unique opportunity to work with trance artist MaRLo, as a part of the Australian Music Centre's artist development framework, AMPlify.
Fully funded travel and accommodation, plus a commission fee, are
part of this initiative - made possible through a partnership
between the AMC and the APRA AMCOS SongHubs
AMPlify TRANCE offers the opportunity to produce new works in collaboration with MaRLo for live presentation in 2016, with the potential for publishing and recording opportunities.
To lodge an EOI, you must:
- Be an APRA AMCOS member;
- Be an AMC financial member (if you aren't, join up here);
- Have achieved professional experience and standing;
- Be available to work with MaRLo for a period around 4th to 15th January 2016, and potential additional period/s by negotiation.
Your EOI must contain the following:
- A short biography (max 300 words);
- Examples of your professional experience. Your professional experience may include commissions, performances by professional musicians, commercial recordings, residencies, etc. (max 100 words);
- A short outline of what you propose to do with this opportunity if it were offered to you. Be explicit about what you want to explore creatively, and provide some detail on the kind of work you envisage creating in this context (max 500 words);
- Examples of any previous collaborations, and evidence of your capacity to work collaboratively. Evidence might include letters of support from past collaborators;
- Links to your website, SoundCloud, YouTube etc., particularly links to recent work;
- Your contact details, including email, mobile phone, home address.
Send as a PDF document via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with no other
attachments, by 5PM Friday 30 October 2015.
Information about MaRLo (including bio, audio etc) can be found at www.marlomusic.com and www.soundcloud.com/marlomusic
© Australian Music Centre (2015) — Permission must be obtained from the AMC if you wish to reproduce this article either online or in print.
Be the first to share add your thoughts and opinions in response to this article.
You must login to post a comment.