31 May 2010
ISCM World New Music Days in Zagreb - call for works
Updated 2 June (eligibility if work performed in 2010).
The Australian Music Centre will select six works from Australian
composers to be submitted to the 2011 ISCM Festival in Zagreb,
Croatia. If you wish to be considered for the Australian Section
please send your works to the AMC by 30 June. If
your work was performed in 2010 you are not eligible to apply for
the 2011 ISCM Festival - please apply again for 2012.
The 2011 ISCM Categories
1. Symphony orchestra
2. String ensemble (184.108.40.206.1) with or without electronics or video
3. Jazz orchestra (5.4.4.rhythm section)
4. Tamburitza orchestra
5. Croatian Army Wind Symphony Orchestra (fl (2.2.picc). ob (2.2). es cl. cl (3.2.2). bas cl. Sopran sax. alt sax (1.1). tenor sax (1.1). bar sax. Tenor eufonium (1.1). bar eufonium (1.1). hn (220.127.116.11). flugel hn (1.1.1). tpt (18.104.22.168). trbn (2.1.1). tuba. db. timpani. 5 perc)
6. Percussion ensemble, with or without male voice solo
7. Baroque ensemble, (22.214.171.124-126.96.36.199- timpani - harpsichord - 188.8.131.52.1)
8. Voice solo (female/male, jazz/classical trained), with or without electronics or video
9. Girls' choir
10. Saxophone quartet (184.108.40.206) / octet (220.127.116.11)
11. Tuba quartet, with or without organ
12. Electric guitar with or without string quartet
13. Electronic music
14. Sound sculptures / audio-video installations
Requirements for submissions
1. Two copies of the score or two copies of audio / video
material of non-notated works and projects.
2. Notification of the category.
3. A recording of the submitted work if possible.
4. Program notes of the submitted work in English (maximum 200 words in Word)
5. The year of composition (please specify if the work has not been premiered).
6. Estimate of the duration (the recommended duration is up to a maximum of 12 minutes).
7. Technical rider, list of equipment, amplification etc.
8. A short biography of the composer in English (maximum 200 words in Word).
9. A recent photo of the composer.
10. Mailing and email address of the composer.
11. Website of the composer or the publisher if available.
Please submit your works to Philippa Horn by 30 June: firstname.lastname@example.org. Info: (02) 9247 4677.
Individual submissions can be made directly to the festival by 1 August. For further information, see the full call for scores (pdf).
International Society for Contemporary Music (ISCM) (www.iscm.org/)
© Australian Music Centre (2010) — Permission must be obtained from the AMC if you wish to reproduce this article either online or in print.
The Australian Music Centre connects people around the world to Australian composers and sound artists. By facilitating the performance, awareness and appreciation of music by these creative artists, it aims to increase their profile and the sustainability of their art form. Established in 1974, the AMC is now the leading provider of information, resources, materials and products relating to Australian new music.
Be the first to share add your thoughts and opinions in response to this article.
You must login to post a comment.