Refund and Return Policy
The following outlines the Australian Music Centre's (AMC) Refund and return policy with regards to products and services. Policies vary for physical products, for membership and subscription services, for digital object downloads, and for purchases of access to specific online resources.
The AMC will not provide a refund in the following circumstances:
- the purchase of digital objects (e.g. (e.g. MP3, eScore, eBook etc.); or
- the purchase of one-off access to online resources (e.g. Journal article).
- the delivery of physical items (i.e. the parcel) if ‘lost’ by Australia Post
The AMC will provide a refund or replacement product in the following circumstances:
- a product or service ordered by the Client is no longer available;
- the AMC cancels a product or service in part or in full;
- the Client cancels an order for a product or service in part or in full providing that sufficient notice is given (before the item goes into production);
- the price charged varies from the advertised price or the amount paid by the Client;
- the person or organisation billed did not originate the charge as a result of fraudulent use of credit cards or other such circumstances;
If the order is ‘lost’ by Australia Post, the AMC may supply at replacement item but the AMC will not incur any additional delivery fees.
This policy is subject to any specific licence agreement or contract applicable to specific products and services. Please see below for further information.
Product or service no longer available
In the case that a product or service has been purchased and the AMC is unable to supply that product or service due to the fact that it is no longer available, the Client may request a full refund.
Client cancels their membership subscription to the AMC
In the event that a Client cancels their AMC Membership the AMC may, in its absolute discretion and on application by the Client, refund part of the fees. Where the AMC exercises it's discretion to refund part of the access fee the refund will be on a quarterly pro-rata basis of not more than 80% of the fee remaining from the time of cancellation to the end of the access period.
No refund will be made if the membership remaining is one quarter (of year) or less.
Client cancels an order of a sales item
In the event that a Client cancels the purchase of material goods prior to dispatch, the Client is entitled to a full refund equal to the amount of the purchase.
In the event that a Client cancels the purchase after the item has been dispatched, the Client is entitled to a refund equal to the cost of the item only, and will incur the charges of the delivery and return of the item. The refund will be made upon the return of the product in an acceptable condition.
In the event that the cost of a product or service decreases prior to delivery, the client shall be entitled to a refund totaling the difference in costs.
In the event that a product or service is replaced by one at a lesser price prior to delivery, the client shall be entitled to a refund totaling the difference in costs.
Proof of purchase
A Client is required to provide proof of purchase for all products and/or services for which a refund it sought. Proof of purchase includes the order number for the purchase and may also include:
- credit card details;
- cheque details; or
- the purchase order number.
In instances where the Client is returning goods to obtain a refund in accordance with the terms of this policy, the Client must first contact the AMC to obtain a return authorisation.
- A return authorisation does not guarantee the Client's entitlement to a refund.
- Goods must subsequently be received by the AMC within seven days of a return authorisation being issued.
- Costs incurred by the Client in returning the product to the AMC are the responsibility of the Client.
Form of Refunds
A refund will be applied to the same credit card that was used to place the order within ten business days.
Parcels lost by Australia Post
Unfortunately the AMC cannot refund or replace deliveries that have been ‘lost’ by Australia Post. Generally, we will try to supply a complimentary replacement item but you will be required to cover any additional delivery fees. If your delivery has been lost in transit, please contact our sales department to discuss your individual needs.
As we are a not-for-profit organisation, representing and paying royalties to Australian composers, we appreciate your understanding.