Resources for Music Teachers and Educators
Engage your students with the music of our time and place
Education Resource Kits
Inspire students with music written by Australian composers. Explore our new Australian music education resources, suitable for students in Years 7-12. Latest releases:
Find more education resource kits through the AMC Shop, with a wide range of content designed for secondary and tertiary music education.
Kits include scores, recordings and booklets with analyses, listening guides, and activities designed by music education specialists.
Online Professional Development Workshops
Be confident in incorporating Australian repertoire in classroom teaching plans. Our online PD workshops are designed for music classroom teachers using AMC music education resource kits.
All PD workshops are free for AMC Members. General admission: $25 + transaction fee.
The AMC online catalogue contains information on over 30,000 scores and recordings. For many works, you will find overviews and program notes, details of commissions and awards, performance histories, available recordings and performance information such as difficulty and duration.
The online catalogue includes:
• Biographical information on approx. 850 creators
• 30-second audio samples for over 7,000 works
• Digital score samples for over 7,700 works
Updated yearly, repertoire lists are available for teachers with students studying the HSC (NSW) and VCE (VIC), to assist you to find Australian repertoire to meet syllabus requirements. For teachers and students in other states, these lists can be used to enhance your performance repertoire with Australian content.
Repertoire Lists for Youth Ensembles
The AMC holds a wide range of works suitable for youth orchestra and concert or wind band, varying in difficulty from easy to advanced:
• Find music for youth orchestra
• Find music for concert band & wind band
AMC's Digital Score Library
The AMC's Digitisation Project made available an extensive range of resources for study and performance: over 13,000 digital scores, parts, audio files and images were added to the collection. More than 10,000 scores can be borrowed digitally, and new scores are added every week.
AMC members can borrow 30 digital scores per month (50 scores for school members). Become a member now.
Purchase Teaching Resource Materials
The AMC Shop has a wide range products available for purchase:
• scores and ensemble parts
• CD recordings
• MP3 audio files available for immediate download
• education kits developed specifically for secondary and tertiary education
• resource books related to the Australian musical landscape
Exclusive Membership Benefits
• Full access to the AMCs Digital library to borrow scores, CDs, and books.
• 10% discount on purchases of education kits, scores, CDs, books, and MP3s from the AMC Shop
• Access the Opportunities listing, including competitions, prizes and awards, and workshops.
• Nominations rights for the annual Art Music Awards
• Voting rights at the AMC Annual General Meeting
• Members-only giveaways and special offers
Memberships For Schools and Tertiary Institutions
Ask Our Librarian
If you have a special request to help you in teaching Australian music, use our Ask our Librarian form to submit your enquiry.