Michael Ahearn : Associate Artist
Michael Ahearn, b. October 1962.
- Studied at Newcastle Conservatorium with Nigel Butterley, 1981 to 1983
- Bachelor of Music from Sydney University - studying composition with Peter Sculthorpe and Eric Gross, 1984 to 1986
- Diploma of Education, 1987
- Graduate Diploma in Information Technology from University of Technology Sydney, 2000
- Master of Health Informatics from Central Queensland University, 2007
List of Performances
- 1981 Elegy for recorders performed by Malcolm Tattersal's group at the finalists' concert of the Don Cowell Memorial Trust Competition for Composers.
- 1983 Autumn Music performed by the Seymour Group, conducted by Brian Howard, at concert of new composers, Old Darlington School, Sydney University.
- 1983 Autumn Music performed by the New Audience Ensemble, conducted by Robert Smallwood, at the Victorian College of the Arts.
- 1984 Sextet (now, Autumn Music II - revised 1987), performed by the Seymour Group conducted by Neil Flottman, at the 1984 Young Composers Concert, Old Darlington School, Sydney University.
- 1985 Sonata (for solo guitar) performed by Philip Moran at the Belvoir St Theatre, Surry Hills.
- 1987 Scintillation (for solo clarinet) performed by Ros Dunlop at a concert of new music for clarinet, flute, piano and electronics, Sydney.
- 1987 Amacizia (for solo alto recorder) performed by Ian Shanahan in a concert at the Asian Composers Forum in Sendai, Japan.
- 1988 Amacizia performed by Ian Shanahan in a concert as part of the 9th century celebrations of the University of Bologna, Italy.
Currently working as a programmer and web developer. Composing music when time allows - between work and family commitments - which is very rarely.
Michael Ahearn — current to May 2010