Baptism: Summer Solstice Bacchanal
- Date: Friday, 21 December 2018, 6:30pm
- Venue: Bradley's Head — Bradley's Head Rd, Mosman, NSW
We are intoxicated by the summer sunshine, drunk on its rays, gluttonously feasting on summer fruits and wines.
This is Baptism's orgiastic celebratory ritual to beckon the summer sea spirits to continue providing for us in this season of plenty. After the sombre spring summoning sacrament on 1st September, the Solstice Bacchanal will be a jubilant feast featuring some of Baptism's most revered musical clergywomen and clergymen.
The Bacchanal will host performances by The Splinter Orchestra, Devotees of the Sea and Niki Johnson and Josephine Macken as well as Baptism, who will perform their obligatory seasonal sacrament.
Think of this as a summer sunset beach picnic or party but instead of useless frivolity, rituals essential to the comings and goings of the seasons will occur. Watch the sunset on the longest day of the year as you engorge yourself on sumptuous sounds.
BYO drinks, picnics and rosary beads
Location: Bradley's Head, Mosman (near Taronga Zoo). If you're coming from South of the bridge, ferries leave every half hour from Circular Quay to Taronga Zoo (12 minute ride). Walk along the Bradley's Head walking track until you find us on the beach.
Further information for this event is available online at the event's website
- Jazz/improvisation by Splinter Orchestra
- Performance/sound art by Solomon Frank
- Performance/sound art by Charlie Sundborn
- Performance/sound art by Niki Johnson
- Performance/sound art by Josephine Macken
- Performance/sound art by Andrew Fedorovitch
- Performance/sound art by Alexandra Spence
- Performance/sound art by Shota Matsumura
- Performance/sound art by Chantel Cabrera
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login