Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) update: due to many cancellations, it's important to check with event organisers if events currently in the calendar are taking place. If attending public events, please follow advice regarding washing your hands and wearing a mask, and exercise social distancing as advised by health authorities.
- Date: Tuesday, 1 September 2009, 7:30pm
- Venue: Excelsior Hotel — 64 Foveaux St, Surry Hills, NSW
- Series: This event is part of the Jazzgroove ´09 series
- Tickets: $12/$10/$8
Jazzgroove is most pleased to host the opening night of the Sydney Conservatorium's Converge Festival. The students were required to collaborate with an established artist, learning a lot and hopefully not being too cheeky. Some of these guys have already performed at Jazzgroove and they will surely be part of our regular program in the coming years.
Bob Barnard is one of the most highly regarded musicians ever to come from Australia. Tonight he will be joined by some of Sydney's young blood. Come down and hear the master swing.
Like a fine wine, the older the improvising musician, the better - Jim Denley. However, one cannot pass up a fresh and sweet batch of Japanese sake, Sam Dobson and Finn Ryan. What will happen when they work together??
Delivering a unique slant on a mix of originals and standards, this exciting dual guitar closer to the opening night of the festival will be sure to leave you on the edge of your seat. Expect lots of free blowing with a bebop tinge.
Further information for this event is available online at the event's website
- Jazz/improvisation by Roger Manins
- Jazz/improvisation by Daniel van der Merwe
- Jazz/improvisation by Dave Reglar
- Jazz/improvisation by Brendan Clarke Junior
- Jazz/improvisation by Nick Merrideth
- Jazz/improvisation by Jim Denley
- Jazz/improvisation by Sam Dobson
- Jazz/improvisation by Finn Ryan
- Jazz/improvisation by Bob Barnard
- Jazz/improvisation by Justin Fermino
- Jazz/improvisation by Brendan Champion
- Jazz/improvisation by Ben Panucci
- Jazz/improvisation by Tom Wade
- Jazz/improvisation by Sam Cairns
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login