David Chesworth Ensemble : Badlands
- Date: Sunday, 15 January 2012, 8.30pm
- Venue: Princes Wharf 1 (PW1), Hobart — Festival Hub, Castray Esplanade, Hobart, TAS
- Series: This event is part of the Mona Foma Festival of Music and Art series
- Tickets: Included in festival pass: $50 or day pass: $25
Badlands re-imagines Carl Orff’s Schulwerk, a collection of deceptively simple melodies designed to teach music to children. Chesworth encountered Schulwerk as the score to Terrence Malick’s 1973 film, also called Badlands. It tells the story of two teenagers on a killing spree.
Further information for this event is available online at the event's website
Featured Australian Works
||Badlands suite (sextets: trombone, percussion, bass guitar, piano, violin, cello) (1995) |
— performed by David Chesworth Ensemble
- Performer David Chesworth Ensemble
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login